"Choose your Love, and Love your Choice" -Pres. Thomas S. Monson

Saturday, January 19, 2013

Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving this year was SO MUCH FUN!!!! We got to spend a LOT of time with our families, and that always makes the Holidays seem, like you never want them to end! It was nice to get a break from school, and just have some time to spend with the people we love most! 

We spend a good amount of time with our nieces and nephews on Sterling's side! Carly and Josh and their 4 1/2 kiddos (one is on the way), came down from Salt Lake, and they just moved to Utah from Virginia... so it's been a while since any of us have seen them! I have so much fun with those kids... I love that they live a little closer now! Jordan and Stacey and their 3 kids also came up from Las Vegas to spend the week with everyone! We love those little hooligans too, and are so glad they live close to us!



 Sterling is like the "favorite young uncle" who all of the nieces and nephews LOVE! So yah... it's fun to be married to the fun one... because I just kind of inherited the role as the "fun aunt"! We don't have kids of our own yet, so we just get to spoil these sweet things as much as we can! :) Ster thought it'd be a fun idea to take all of the kids to the "spin park", and turns out... he was right! THE KIDS LOVED IT! We love living in warm St. George weather... where it's nice enough to take the kids to the park even towards the end of November!!!












Needless to say... we tuckered those little munschkins out! They had a great time, and so did we! We were all ready to eat Thanksgiving dinner by the time our "play time" was up!

I also had a fun run with my dad, on Thanksgiving morning! Man... for bein' an "old guy"... this dude can still kick my trash! Sheesh!!!!  I should have known, running with a multi-marithoner, and High School Cross Country coach... I'd be eating his dust! ha! It was so much fun though, and we just ran up over the red rocks of snow canyon! I love this guy, and love the hobbies we do together! I hope when I'm 50+... I can be in as good of shape as he is!

We also got to spend a little bit of time with my family over the Thanksgiving Holiday too!!! I sure love them! We are a wild and crazy, loud, funny, bunch... who LOVES to be together! We are one of the only families I know of... who has such a big group at Thanksgiving time, that we can't all fit in a house! Every year since I can remember, we have had our Blake Family Thanksgiving Dinner at my Grandma's church! It is the perfect spot! Tons of kitchen space, TONS of eating space, a nursery for the little kids, a big lawn for football, and there are even a few pick up games of "SCUM" or "around the world" after the tables get put away! It is such a fun time!





 We also all love to look through the Black Friday Adds, and see what's going on sale that night, or the next morning! I have done "Black Friday" a few times... but it's not really for me anymore! ha! I may be lame... but it just hasn't been worth it to me in the past recent years. Most of what I love, I can get online, and they are still the black friday deals! THAT'S how I do it! :)

I also had a weird allergic reaction late Thanksgiving night! We have NO IDEA what I was allergic to... but I turned in to Will Smith off of HITCH! hah! My face and throat were swollen, and I hurried and ran to Stephen and Rhonda's house to grab a benedryl and Zyrtec! Glad they lived close! No worries though... it was just a little scare, but all ended well! I just have some ridiculous pictures as proof!


All in all... we had a great Thanksgiving, and have SO MUCH to be thankful for! Our Father in Heaven has blessed us with COUNTLESS blessings! We have faith in Jesus Christ and His Atonement, we have a happy eternal marriage, we are healthy as can be, we are blessed to be in the "thick" of school (sometimes... I think it's a curse, but I know deep down it's truly a blessing), and we live in a free country! Honestly... we are super blessed! Hope all of your holiday festivities were as fun as ours!

No comments:

Post a Comment