"Choose your Love, and Love your Choice" -Pres. Thomas S. Monson

Sunday, January 10, 2016

Back to the Grind

The tree is down, and decorations put away. We thoroughly enjoyed the magic and business of the holiday season... but are back to reality and the business of our every day lives. As much as I love traveling, and love Christmas vacation, it's nice to be back on a schedule, and be back into our normal swing of things. I love being back in my house, with the kids having their own bed, and definitely love all 4 of us, not sharing a room anymore. I will truly miss however, spending every day with Sterling. The boys and I LOVED having him home all throughout Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years. HOW LUCKY ARE WE!?!? He was dreading going back as much as we were. We also miss seeing our family (Grandmas, Grandpas, Aunts, Uncles, and Cousins) daily as well.

This week was long and busy for our little family.

Monday:We went to the gym, (the boys usually do GREAT in the Kids Care Center), went to IKEA and just looked around. Ryan kept telling me he was going to be such a "good boy"... because he knew that IKEA has ice cream and cinnamon rolls, and he was hoping for one at the end of our shopping excursion. (He earned it, and both Ryan and Boston were excellent boys). Sterling started his last Northern Utah rotation today. He'll be working as a Pharmacy Intern at Salt Lake Regional Hospital for the next 6 weeks.

Tuesday: We stayed at home for a good majority of the day. I took come online Dental Hygiene CE courses, and had to do some paperwork for medical insurance, while Sterling had to be at hospital rotations. He got done with rotations, and went to go donate plasma. While he was at Plasma, I took the boys, and went grocery shopping.

Wednesday: We went to the gym. I am training to run the St. George Marathon in October, and am signed up to run a 1/2 marathon in April. So... I try to get running time in, as much as possible. The boys really like the kids club at the gym, and it gives them great opportunities to go play with other kids. It also gives me a good outlet, and way to work out... when the ground in Salt Lake is covered in ice and snow, and the weather is barely above 32 degrees some days. We also went shopping later on that day. We are on the hunt for clothes for Kenzie and Nate's wedding, so we hit up Burlington, and TJ Maxx. Sterling was at Rotations during the day, and works at night. (He is such a good sport. He usually puts in about a 60-70 hr work week! 40 at Rotations (unpaid) and 20-30 at Smith's (paid). He never complains, and I'm so grateful he's such a hard worker.

Thursday: I was able to be at home with the boys in the morning time, and worked in the afternoon at the Dental Office. Sterling had an early morning, and long day. He watched a double bipass surgery all day, and worked at Smith's Pharmacy that night. Work was great for me, and I love being at that office. I had arranged for a babysitter to come watch the boys, and she canceled on me last minute. Luckily for me, I am blessed with THEEEE GREATEST friends. Ashley Thalman brought Houston over, and she watched Boston and Ryan for me. It was also nice for the boys to have a play date with one of their friends.

Friday: It was a cold and windy day in SLC, which called for a "chill" day to stay inside and have fun. We got our our queen-sized air mattress, and I let the kids bounce on it in the front room. Ryan had the time of his life. He thought it was a mini trampoline, and Boston was so happy he was tall enough to climb up and bounce on it too. We popped popcorn and had movie marathons. It was a great day. Sterling got home, and he took me on a date. We called Sophie over to babysit, and Sterling and I went to Smash-Burger (we had a giftcard). We came home and had a "family hidden talent show" with the boys, and had a ball that night.

Saturday: Sterling worked a 12 hour shift at the Pharmacy, and I went to the temple early Saturday morning. I am so grateful that Sterling stayed home to take care of Ryan, and allowed me to go. Ster went to work, and the kids and I ran to the gym. After running 6 miles I came home, and put the kids down for a nap. Jaycee and Brady came up north this weekend, to hang out with some of Brady's brothers who were in town. They took a brothers ski trip, and so Jaycee wanted to hang out with us while he was gone. I drove the boys down to Orem, and we hung out the aunt Jaycee for the day. We shopped, ate, and had the best time together. I'm so grateful for sisters.

Sunday: We had a good day at church. Ryan LOVES going to nursery, and asks all sacrament meeting long... "cass? peeeeease?" haha! We love our family time together on Sunday. We had a great afternoon of spending time with one another, playing with our boys, doing some journaling, and FaceTime with Grandma and Grandpa Jolley.

We had a really great week, and although this post may seem mundane for some, it is our reality, and someday it'll be fun to look back on what our "reality" was at this point in our lives. :)

Ryan is 27 months now, and is getting so funny. His imagination is developing, as well as his sense of humor. He will say phrases like "C'mon light, turn green! You kiddin' me?" haha! (when we're sitting at a red light!) He also knows "green means go" and "red means stop" and "yellow means caution". He's getting really great at memorizing a few scriptures. We usually work on a scripture for a week or two, and by the end... he knows it. He also loves playing "hide and seek" lately... and will ask you to play for at least a 1/2 hour. His favorite foods are... pretty much anything I make. The kid isn't picky at all. He wears size 5 diapers, and tells us occasionally when he needs to go "potty". He wears 2T-3T shirts, and 2T pants. Size 6 shoes.

Boston is ALMOST 12 months! He's crawling like crazy, standing on his own, and scales along the furniture.

No comments:

Post a Comment