"Choose your Love, and Love your Choice" -Pres. Thomas S. Monson

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Christmas parties and more...

Sterling and I have been super duper busy with finals, and everything ending school for Fall Semester. So now that it's over...it's time for an UPDATE!!!

Like I said, we had finals, and are 1/2 way done with this year of college. I finished up my 1st Semester of the Dental hygiene program...so I guess I'm a 1/4 of a dental hygienist now! haha! It was a really rigorous semester, and I was taking about 20 credits. I got done with everything, got good grades, and am now so excited to start CHRISTMAS BREAK!!!
Sterling has been swamped with school too. He is working so hard to get top notch grades for when he applies to Pharmacy programs this summer, so he's been stressed to the max as well. (I guess you could say we've been a high strung couple the past few weeks! ha!) He had his very last final today (Friday) in Physiology, and now we're both done! :) Hurray! Ster is waaaaay smarter than me, and has gotten rediculously great grades! I'm so proud of him!

We have been having some fun lately too though, and have been to some Christmas parties to celebrate early!
My hygiene program had their Christmas party, and we played "The newly wed game". It was a blast! We also encroperated some tasks the couples had to compete in...and some of them involved dancing with an orange, how many lipstick kisses you could get in 30 seconds, etc. it was great!!!






Sterling works for Stapley Pharmacy, and they had their Christmas party too. It was a ton of fun!!! We had it over at the Stahlie catering location in Washington, and played some freakin' hillarious 'Minute to Win-it' games. We were competitive, because the prizes were giftcards...and I swear every married couple loves a giftcard date night! :)

This game they had to stack 6 dice on a Popsicle stick, and hold it with their teeth! haha! Dani was the winner of that! :)

Logan and Dani went head to head on this competition! ha!

This game: you had to blow the card to the other edge of the table without letting it fall off. It just had to hang there... 1/2 on 1/2 off. ha! I tied for this game, and Ster won the next round
How many tissues do you think a person can pull out of a tissue box in 1 minute? ha! IT'S SNOWING INSIDE!!! (that's what it looked like!)
Got junk in the trunk? ha! We had to shake jingle bells out of the slit in the tissue box. This was soooo freakin' funny! We were all laughing so hard, and I swear Dani was bersting out in tears she was laughing so hard. Maddi was dying too. Alyssa and I kept workin' it...and ooooh man, was it a work out. I have a video, and will upload it soon. :)
Suck up M&M's with a straw, and run them to the next table.
Danielle Bleazard must be THEEE BEST balancer around...because she won this balancing game too! you had to stack 4-5 blocks on top of a plate, and balance it on your head. It was a funny one!
It was so much fun...and everyone was a good sport! It's just funny watching everyone do stupid stuff...and when it's you...you competing...you know you look just as REDICULOUS! hah! Thanks Evan and Faith, and Brad and Jana for a great party!

I also went and saw McKenzie's SCHS Madrigal Christmas performance! It was awesome! She was selected to learn a new part this year, and she's worked so hard, and been really dedicated. I'm proud of her, and she sounded awesome!
We are having a lot of fun, and really enjoying our Christmas season!!! Hurray for the Holidays!

3 comments:

  1. Your Christmas party looks like so much fun meggers...You and your husband are a cute couple...have I told you that?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Minute to Win-it games are so funny!! We did that last year at New Years. That would be an excellent Blake family party game!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Meg!! i just barely happened upon your blog and am soo glad!! I definitely need to get my hands on that video of us workin it! Too fun!!

    ReplyDelete