"Choose your Love, and Love your Choice" -Pres. Thomas S. Monson

Friday, November 4, 2011

Fall Fun


This was our first Halloween together, and it ended up being a lot of fun! Sterling's work was having a "spooky pot-luck" at the Pharmacy, and he needed to bring a "scary" dish for the festivities. We went grocery shopping and he told me that he wanted to make a "BRAIN" dish with "EYEBALLS". hah! I just laughed and said it sounded like a fun idea, but then asked him just how in the world he thought he was going to actually MAKE this Brain of his. He wasn't sure, but by putting both of our brains together we came up with some pretty creative ideas!


We bought some of that "rainbow shaped" pasta and boiled that up. As soon as it was done boiling, we put it in a bowl and stuck it in the fridge to harden. Next we made 1/2 and 1/2 sauce (half Alfredo and half Marinara) to make the light pink sauce to go on the outside of the "brain". We garnished it off with some lovely meatball and olive eyeballs, and he was such a happy guy! It looked grosssss to eat, but it was a SWEEEET lookin' brain!


Sterling got me in the spirit of Halloween, and I decided to make "Mummy Pizza's" for my Dental Hygiene class. I got the idea from my aunt Sheryl. She made them with her little kids one night, and I thought they turned out adorable.


It was so easy. We made them Sunday night up at my mom and dads house, and we had a lot of help from "Little Miss". We just bought Pillsberry biscuts (flattened them out on the pan), spread pizza sauce on them, put a few pepperoni's on each, and then "wrapped" them with string cheese! We topped'em off with some olive eyes, and VVVVVUALAH...Mummy Pizzas!


We also made some DELICOUS Caramel Apples at my mom and dads house, and EVERYONE loved those. Caramel apples are one of my favorite treats to get (over at Rocky Mtn. Chocolate Factory) but they're expensive. So we got creative and made our own. Mine and Ster's favorites are the White chocolate with cinnamon and sugar! YUM!!! It was just a really fun Halloween Holliday!
Right after school on Monday night however (before doing our fun festivities) We went to Target to do some shopping. Last week in church we had a really great lesson on emergency preparedness. We realized that we had always been prepared living with our parents, but decided we needed to follow counsel given, and get our 72 hour kits made. We are blessed to live in Chris and Kim's home and they have STOCKED us with food storage, but we felt we needed to get a start on our "preparedness". It's times like this when I'm so grateful to have a handyman husband who knows what things will really help us out, and how to use "outdoor" items I don't. Ya know...pocket-knives, and "scout stuff" haha!

We're still not totally there yet...but we are definitely getting closer! The speaker said a really great idea is to put your 72 hour kit in the trunk of your car...so that way when an emergency situation happens...you'll always have your kit with you. (If at home, your car is right in the garage. If at work, you have your car in the parking-lot. etc.) Good advice!

We are having a great time, and are in love as ever! We've been married for about 5 months now, and it's flying!!!

Oh one last thing! I was at school yesterday, and a rep came to present to us from Crest-Oral B company. She gave each of us a gift bag with about $150 of products in it. I got a new power toothbrush (+2 heads for it), the charger, the sensitivity indicator/timer, toothpaste, mouthwash, floss, and a patient oral health guide. Sweet huh? Perks of Dental Hygiene I guess. (Ster was ECSTATIC! He loves when we get anything free! ha!)

3 comments:

  1. You are the cutest and I am so glad you got to use the mummy pizza idea. The brain looked awesome and I may have to use that next year with the kids. You two look like you are loving life and it just gives me a big smile!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just found your blog! I love keeping up on people this way, it is so fun. I love all of the spooky food you made. You are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sheryl...yes, we are LOVING life! It's so much fun to be married right now! Ahhh! :) And yes, try the "brain" next year at Halloween, and let us know how it goes! Love ya!

    Kenz!!!!! I am so so glad you found us! You also better be prepared to be stalked...cuz you and your hub are too stinkin' cute, and I already LOVE your blog! Hope you're surviving the cold! Brrr! xoxo!

    ReplyDelete