"Choose your Love, and Love your Choice" -Pres. Thomas S. Monson

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Month of Gratitude

We are so super busy with life right now, and it has no intent on slowing down. ha!

I was thinking back to my High School days (doing drill team, student body officers, playing on the soccer team, and keeping up grades, family, and social life) and remember then, thinking "I can't possibly ever be busier than I am now". Then moving on to college and THAT was a whole other kind of overwhelming business. After that came my mission and honestly and truly thinking "I don't see how I can EVER be more busy and tired than I am RIGHT NOW!" Well...I can say I've been through this before, and came out on top...and I haven't even experienced motherhood yet, so I'm gonna stall and not say I don't think I can be busier than I am now! haha!

Life is so happy for us though! The Lord tenderly blesses us every single day! Ster and I are both in school and both working, and have amazing callings in our ward.

Sterling is a full time student at Dixie State and is getting his bachelors degree in biology (yaaahhh, he's a genius). He is Pre-Pharmacy (graduating in about a year), and is working as a Pharmacy Tech. right now at Stapley's Pharmacy and LOVES his job!!! When both of us graduate from Dixie...it's off to Pharm school SOMEWHERE in the country...and that's a whole other adventure in and of itself! :) He is the Duty to God adviser in the Young Mens, and those young men are the biggest chums with him! ha! They love him! He's such a good example to everyone around him all the time...and he is THEE MOST patient husband in the universe! I love him, and it truly one of the greatest blessings in my life to be married to my very best friend

I am also a full time student at Dixie State, and spend most of my time in the Taylor Health Science building on the hospital campus! I am perusing my degree in Dental Hygiene and will be a RDH in 2013. I had to stop working at my office that I loved (it was pediatric dentistry...so I worked with kids all day!!! It was the best) this past Summer to go to school 8-5 most days. I work at Christensen's Dept. store still, and they have become like my family over the years! I am having the time of my life working with the young women in the ward as the Personal Progress advisory. It has taught me so much, and helps me continue to grow (not as a young woman necessarily) but as a wife, and a future mom!

We both have PHENOMINAL families who support us in everything we do! Sterling's parents currently live in Salt Lake, and are BLESSING OUR LIFE INCREDIBLY by letting us live in their home here in St. George! We love them for that more than words can even say...but are sad that they're far away! He has a Brother+family in Southern California, a Sister+family in Virginia, another Brother+family in Oklahoma, another Brother+family in Las Vegas Nevada, and yet another Brother+family in Minneapolis Minnesota. Yaaah, they're ALLL over!

My family is CLOSE to us though, and that makes life SO MUCH FUN!!! Jeff and RaCail are over in Hurricane right now...but that may change here in a bit, and we love the whole Ivins crew being just 5 minutes away! ;) We couldn't do all the things we love, without the love and support and prayers from our families!

With the Gospel, Families, and Education along with so many other blessings, we feel that life is amazing, and couldn't ask for anything more!

2 comments:

  1. So glad you have a blog!! Hope all is well :) you and your hubs are such a cute couple!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just had to say HI and that I love you!!! Love your blog. Hope to see you sooner than later--- TJMAXX again??? Maybe you'll be 9 months pregnant next time instead of me:)

    ReplyDelete